Re: [FJGRailroad] Hi everybody, and hats!!!

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2000
      Howard ! God to here from you been a while!! The Adirondack &
      Southern is most likely not opperational at this point but it is still all
      there!! I have been trying to get the Abdella's to let me use some of the
      track and transformers & etc. for the box car museum project?? so far I am
      not getting to far?? But I have only asked informally and intend to pursue
      this more as the spring returns again this next year. Interest dwindled
      and work made traveling to the club hard for me and apparently some of the
      others who were still keeping it going some years back?? Glad to here you
      want a Hat and possibly a tee shirt as well I can get tee shirts again
      and the Hats will be going to the embroyderer's as soon as UI reach my Goal
      of 25 !!! I am now at thirteen if you want one hat and it goes up from
      there?? Again great to here from you again Howard Sure wish we had the
      track still down from thr FJ&G but the Museum will hopefully have a good HO
      scale representation of this little line when we are done ?? Randy let me
      klnow about the hats Howard my email is rldecker@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2000
        Hi Howard! This is Gino, moderator of the group. I've been meaning to
        welcome you aboard and to ask you to tell us a little about yourself. I'm
        glad you did so on your own. We're glad to have you on with us. So, you
        teach at SUNY Delhi? My brother and sister graduated from there years ago.
        Delhi is a neat little town. A big rail history there too. I have been
        to the D & U and find it a classic little operation. I brought my son down
        there last year to see Thomas The Tank Engine and unfortunately their rides
        were all sold out. I drove 2.5 hours and didn't even get a ride. I plan
        on visiting there again. Once again, welcome to the list...

        Gino DiCarlo
        ----------------------------------
        gdicarlo@...
        Quad Imaging Saratoga
        x4276

[...]

        Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
        http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

        http://www.trainweb.com/gcdra/

        in New York State at
        http://ny.existingstations.com/

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8, 2000
          Hi Pete, you're up early!!! Yes, it was worth the drive for my son to
          see Thomas up close. I just wanted to ride the tour train. It's pretty
          neat at the D&U. Have you ever been there? It's a cozy little line that
          reminds me a little bit of the FJG. Did you ride Thomas down at the
          Strasburg
          Railroad? I plan on heading down there sometime in the future. That place
          looks great...

          Gino DiCarlo
          ----------------------------------
          gdicarlo@...
          Quad Imaging Saratoga
          x4276

          we rode on thomas down here==it wasn't that exciting for the kids---but
          seeing him was
          > Hi Howard! This is Gino, moderator of the group. I've been meaning to
          > welcome you aboard and to ask you to tell us a little about yourself. I'm
          > glad you did so on your own. We're glad to have you on with us. So, you
          > teach at SUNY Delhi? My brother and sister graduated from there years
          ago.
          > Delhi is a neat little town. A big rail history there too. I have been
          > to the D & U and find it a classic little operation. I brought my son
          down
          > there last year to see Thomas The Tank Engine and unfortunately their
          rides
          > were all sold out. I drove 2.5 hours and didn't even get a ride. I plan
          > on visiting there again. Once again, welcome to the list...
          >
          > Gino DiCarlo
          > gdicarlo@...
          > Quad Imaging Saratoga
          > x4276