Fw: [FJGRailroad] HATS???

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2000

      Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2000 10:33 AM
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] HATS???

      OK Guy's  I did some checking into the hats??    The best I can come up with is to split this with the Sacandaga Group?  they are doing a similiar hat so I have looked into the charges  and I came up with this:

      High quality wool blend cotton baseball hats with the FJ&G Logo "EMBROIDERED" on top there is a choise of colors but There is a solid green hat that looks the best so far ?   with a run of 60 I can sell these to raise money for the Box Car Museum  (this is where all this money is going) none for my pocket!  The deposit will be $10 and the total price should be $18 ea
         If I can get these deposits going I can get the hats ordered  at this point I am trying to see just how much interest there is here???

      I can't keep sending this message for these hats  I do not want to beat a dead horse  If there is anyone who wants one   Email me or reply to this message so I can get an idea if there are enough of you who want one  so I can see if I can order  enough of these to keep the cost down???  and contact me with a deposit when the time comes I will make the list and contact the group again when I have a # of orders  if it is enough  I will ask for the deposits and have the hats done right away???  SOUND GOOD???
        I can tell you I am getting Two for myself  and I know My brother wants one and now how many more do I order??  Let me know

        Gino  I do not have a photo of this logo I will try and send a scan of it to you maybe you can post it on the site so everyone can see how cool this logo is!??    Thanks for the interest this will be a one time deal  so if you want one get ahold of me right away??  Thanks

      Randy Decker
      PO box 357
      Northville NY
      12134                           518 863-8022

                     rldecker@...

      Visit Gino's F.J.G.R.R. Page at
      http://www.capital.net/~dicarlos/

      in New York State at
      http://ny.existingstations.com/

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2000
        Randy, are you using a logo other than the one from back of the Park
        brochure?

        Paul

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Randy & Lorraine Decker
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2000
          To be honest I don't know of any other logo?? You sent an attachment that
          had a piece of uniform?? this was the first time I had even seen anything
          from the FJ&G? Nice piece! I found the back cover of the Sacandaga Park
          Book to be the best looking design and I am trying to come as close as
          possible to the colors as well??

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 5, 2000
            That wasn't a piece of uniform, it is one of the sew on logos that the FJ&G
            conductors applied to their uniforms. That normally would be what a company
            would use on their hat. The Sacandaga one is a better stylization however.
            With the wrong color hat one of the initials will not be visible from a
            distance.

            I put an attachment of the Sacandaga brochure logo in the file also. There
            were two attachments. I also uploaded them both to the FJ&G group site that
            same day, with notification, for anyone interested to see each. They've
            been there for almost a week that's why I questioned the part about
            supplying a look at the logo, expecting there was third one.

            PKL

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 5, 2000
              Paull I did send a message that had a jepg attachment to the group?? this
              was the best I could do this may have caused the confusion?? I only
              received 12 requests for the hats and I am sure I can sell the rest so I
              will most likley do them anyway I am just a little surprised ? this is an
              FJ&G site with bonafide FJ&G fans? seems there would be a larger response
              to this offer?? Come On everyone!! get on the wagon here!! I will be
              making about thirty of these and most likely they will not be done again??
              one of a kind chance to get a great hat!! and help to raise money's for
              the FJ&G museum! Now how can you beat that???? Thanks again for the
              photo's Paul?? they are very helpfull

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 6, 2000
                The Sacandaga Logo looks great on the tee shirts Randy has. They are
                an olive green. Kind of like the interurban cars. If the hats are that
                color they would look pretty sharp..

                Gino DiCarlo
                gdicarlo@...
                Quad Imaging Saratoga