Re: [FJGRailroad] D&H Bridgeline

  • Gino DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000
      Paul,

      Actually, Lyrical and Ballard had 2 copies the last time I was there. I
      think they wanted $30 for it and I didn't have it...

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000
        I know, he's not cheap. I was able to get the Lake George Steam Boat book
        from him a couple of years ago, but suffered for a while after. Glad I have
        it now. Made a commitment several years ago about never passing up
        something I "really" want. Some time in the early sixties I passed up a
        tall Rutland amber globe in a bell bottom lamp because the guy wanted $15 at
        a time when you could buy a NYWS&B for 3.50. Took me twenty years to find
        another I could buy or trade for. AN antique dealer friend and a postcard
        collector put it well to me one day when he was trying to sell me a high
        priced btbb Boston and Albany lamp - we agreed that the true collector
        learns to suffer for his hobby. He over looked the word "discriminating" so
        I left it. It didn't really matter.

        Even our wives can learn to suffer a bit going in, once they understand that
        some of these railroad investments are more rewarding in the long term than
        the market. Mediocrity however, will alway be mediocre.

        Paul

        http://profiles.msn.com