Re: [FJGRailroad] D&H Bridgeline

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
      Gino, keep an eye on the book store in town. Occasionally they get a copy.

      Paul

      >From: Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
      >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@egroups.com>
      >Subject: [FJGRailroad] D&H Bridgeline
      >Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:59:39 -0400
      >
      >The October 2000 issue of the D & H Bridgeline Bulletin has the 11th in a
      >series
      >of articles on the history of the Greenwich and Johnsonville Railroad
      >written by
      >Dave Nestle. It is a reprint from his out of print book. I wish I'd Knew
      >that they
      >were reprinting it. I would have tried to catch all issues...
      >
      >Gino

      http://profiles.msn.com
    • Gino DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000
        Paul,

        Actually, Lyrical and Ballard had 2 copies the last time I was there. I
        think they wanted $30 for it and I didn't have it...

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000
          I know, he's not cheap. I was able to get the Lake George Steam Boat book
          from him a couple of years ago, but suffered for a while after. Glad I have
          it now. Made a commitment several years ago about never passing up
          something I "really" want. Some time in the early sixties I passed up a
          tall Rutland amber globe in a bell bottom lamp because the guy wanted $15 at
          a time when you could buy a NYWS&B for 3.50. Took me twenty years to find
          another I could buy or trade for. AN antique dealer friend and a postcard
          collector put it well to me one day when he was trying to sell me a high
          priced btbb Boston and Albany lamp - we agreed that the true collector
          learns to suffer for his hobby. He over looked the word "discriminating" so
          I left it. It didn't really matter.

          Even our wives can learn to suffer a bit going in, once they understand that
          some of these railroad investments are more rewarding in the long term than
          the market. Mediocrity however, will alway be mediocre.

          Paul

          http://profiles.msn.com