D&H Bridgeline

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
      The October 2000 issue of the D & H Bridgeline Bulletin has the 11th in a
      series
      of articles on the history of the Greenwich and Johnsonville Railroad
      written by
      Dave Nestle. It is a reprint from his out of print book. I wish I'd Knew
      that they
      were reprinting it. I would have tried to catch all issues...

      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
        Gino, keep an eye on the book store in town. Occasionally they get a copy.

        Paul

        >From: Gino And Kelly DiCarlo <dicarlos@...>
        >To: FJG Railroad <FJGRailroad@egroups.com>
        >Subject: [FJGRailroad] D&H Bridgeline
        >Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 14:59:39 -0400
        >
        >The October 2000 issue of the D & H Bridgeline Bulletin has the 11th in a
        >series
        >of articles on the history of the Greenwich and Johnsonville Railroad
        >written by
        >Dave Nestle. It is a reprint from his out of print book. I wish I'd Knew
        >that they
        >were reprinting it. I would have tried to catch all issues...
        >
        >Gino

        http://profiles.msn.com
      • Gino DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000
          Paul,

          Actually, Lyrical and Ballard had 2 copies the last time I was there. I
          think they wanted $30 for it and I didn't have it...

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 8, 2000
            I know, he's not cheap. I was able to get the Lake George Steam Boat book
            from him a couple of years ago, but suffered for a while after. Glad I have
            it now. Made a commitment several years ago about never passing up
            something I "really" want. Some time in the early sixties I passed up a
            tall Rutland amber globe in a bell bottom lamp because the guy wanted $15 at
            a time when you could buy a NYWS&B for 3.50. Took me twenty years to find
            another I could buy or trade for. AN antique dealer friend and a postcard
            collector put it well to me one day when he was trying to sell me a high
            priced btbb Boston and Albany lamp - we agreed that the true collector
            learns to suffer for his hobby. He over looked the word "discriminating" so
            I left it. It didn't really matter.

            Even our wives can learn to suffer a bit going in, once they understand that
            some of these railroad investments are more rewarding in the long term than
            the market. Mediocrity however, will alway be mediocre.

            Paul

            http://profiles.msn.com