Globexplorer.com

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2000
      Has anyone been able to get any useful pictures off this site? What
      they have is satellite photomaps of most land areas of the world. I
      saw a news item on one of the national newscasts a couple of nights
      ago. I tried to download a picture of Fonda but the attempt failed. I
      tried Gloversville, but rather than a photo, part of a USGS map
      loaded
      like the actual maps that I have had for many years.

      Saul
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2000
        Saul Kalbfeld wrote:

        > Has anyone been able to get any useful pictures off this site? What
        > they have is satellite photomaps of most land areas of the world. I
        > saw a news item on one of the national newscasts a couple of nights
        > ago. I tried to download a picture of Fonda but the attempt failed. I
        > tried Gloversville, but rather than a photo, part of a USGS map
        > loaded
        > like the actual maps that I have had for many years.
        >
        > Saul

        Hi Saul,

        They are using the same resources that TerraServer is using, so when TerraServer
        (MicroSoft) has the satellite shots available, so will GlobeXplorer.

        Paul