Great letter!

  • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 1999
      An FJG fan on the internet sent me this e-mail after visiting
      my site. I thought it was pretty good so I'll share it with you...

      Gino -

      I enjoyed visiting your FJ&G website very much -

      My great uncle, Will Dailey, was Superintendant of the Steam Division in the
      early part of the 20th century - you might not be aware that the third floor
      of the Gloversville passenger terminal was an apartment where the
      Superintendant and his wife lived - my late father told me of visiting it as
      a child - for reasons I was never told, my grandfather and his brother had a
      falling out so I don't have any FJ&G memorabilia at all - I do have a copy
      of the "FJ&G issue" of Model Railroader magazine (ca 1980) but I would
      imagine there are hundreds in attics around Gloversville & Johnstown -

      One of my most treasured memories is a birthday party when I was about ten
      years old (ca 1955) - my father arranged with a close friend, the late Scott
      Houghteling (who was an FJ&G conductor) to hitch a passenger car behind the
      freight run to Broadalbin so my Cub Scout den (my mother was the Den Mother)
      could have a ride to celebrate my birthday - on the return trip, I got to
      ride with the engineer - WOW! - I don't know if my father paid for the trip
      or not - and I've often wondered if my friends and I were the "last
      passengers on the FJ&G" - unfortunately, no pictures were taken (at least
      none that I know of) -

      Mike Dailey
      Amsterdam, NY
      grant18@...