New Book

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2000
      Hey   I just read through a new list from the Arcadia publishing Co.  and they have a book coming out this year for Amsterdam??  I am not familiar with who the Author is   and I sure hope there are some great shot's of the Railroads in there  should be a good one just wanted to let you know keep watching for it   Randy

      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
        I will start with, I have NO economic interest in this. I did contribute to the first volume and I did receive a nice acknowledgement.

        Go and get New York Shortlines in Color by Gary Carlson (Morning Sun Books). Period. You can't live without this book!

        Here is why. Besides very nicely written chapters about the FJ&G, the Arcade & Attica, Buffalo Creek and Bush Terminal, there are chapters on the Dexter & Norther, Grasse River Railroad, Harlem Transfer Railroad and Lake Champlain & Moriah.

        The text is very good (I contributed to it) and I can not wait for volume two.......................I wholeheartedly endorse this important New York State Work available from Morning Sun.

        Get this book!

        Riverlinejoe
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
          I looked for it at Springfield and couldn't find it!

          --
          http://fjgrr.org
          http://ginosrailpage.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2011