Re: [FJGRailroad] More from the rail-trail

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2000
      More from the rail-trail
      This is interesting and will certainly be a good mention for Paul's book!!??  Right Paul?? Seems land titles and leases and various maneuvers for right of way have been a big part of this and many railroads histories.  I wonder what this area would have been like had the land owners of that day stopped the railroad from building it's right of way???    I personally would like to see the bike trail become a great success! but I do see where those who live along it's right of way may be concerned and your messages are read with that in mind.  We are a group of people who have a historical as well as a sentimental interest in the FJ&G and nothing can replace what has been taken,  The bike trail is a good solution to what remains of this right of way and if there was a great outcry from the public that this project be halted then so be it  as for those with geographical concerns if a court of law decides there is justification for the rerouting or the outright ending of this trails expansion then so be it!   I can't see why the county or town or cities involved can't place fencing in the areas requested along this route to help make peace?  Hey I guess if you can't "beat em" "join em" comes to mind here  buy a new bike and start riding to town for groceries and errands etc.  By te way Theresa I own land that may border the trail as it expands to the south near Sammonsville so I can understand where you're coming from  I would say it would be (for me) a privacy issue more than anything  I say put those hedges back up and I will agree there should not have been a reason for them to have been taken down unless they were way to close to the old roadbed??  the planners need to be a little more accommodating to all the neighbors of this trail   That's just my opinion  Thanks for the controversy  it has been a little slow lately we need a little heated discussion from time to time!!!