Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G #30?

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 19, 2000
      Paul,

      Actually this locomotive has been around quite a bit. I believe it was sold
      to Cargill in Houston, TX by the FJ&G. From there I understand it did in
      fact go to Colorado. I believe I have seen pictures of it in Colorado (I do
      not have these in my own collection though).

      I apologize if I made a statement that this locomotive was sold directly
      from FJ&G to BJRY; I knew that was not the case and perhaps I should have
      listed out the entire history of the engine before this time.

      There is no doubt that this is FJ&G #30; I checked the builder's number
      records on both the FJ&G and BJRY rosters and the builder's number does in
      fact match.

      From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
      To: FJG <FJGRailroad@egroups.com>
      Date: Saturday, August 19, 2000 9:39 AM
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G #30?

      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 19, 2000
        Hi Aaron,

        No problem with that. I posted a message to rec.models.railroad and got a reply in a
        couple of minutes from a guy who is going to the Colorado Railroad museum on Wednesday and
        will look for any photos of the 44-tonner while on Great Western Railway. He will try to
        scan them and send them to me, and of course, I'll post them to the group. May be
        interesting to see if it had been repainted by then. Next search, Cargill!

        Paul