Sign From the Trolley Barn

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2000
      I have a large sign from the Trolley Barn that I was given around
      1970. It read in the form of a fire emergency list:

      IN CASE OF FIRE
      1. RING ALARM
      2. REMOVE CARS
      3. OPEN ELECTRIC SWITCH
      4. PERFORM FIRE DRILL

      How ironic...the cars were removed and the electric switch was opened
      in 1938. History shows that sooner or later that every old or
      abandoned building will be burned by an arsonist. Over the years
      vandals have taken a tragic toll on historic buildings across the
      country. Usually these people have no concept or appreciation of
      history. I'm fairly liberal about a lot of things, but I am very hard
      when it comes to arson and vandalism. 16 and 17 year olds should be
      tried as adults.

      Saul
    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 8, 2000