Re: [FJGRailroad] Electric Div. Carbarn Fire

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
      Iwas over there Wednesday afternoon and drove in hoping the gate was open
      and I could get inside to see if the trolley stop signs were still up in the
      rafters, The gate was closed so I turned around in the employment office
      parking lot and never noticed that the building was gone. Darn.

      PKL

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
        Maybe when those firebugs get out of jail, they can go and torch the
        Sacandaga and Broadalbin Depots!!! I saw a story about the arsons on Fox23
        news last night and a parent of one of the kids said "That's the kind of
        thing the little bastards do these days!" Only a parent could be proud, huh?

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
          I believe John Smatlak went in there (with appropriate permission) not too
          many years ago and got some things that were left over from the trolley era.
          Are you still on this list John, and could you tell us a little about what
          you found?

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
            Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Trolley Barn? Of course before
            the fire? The picture of it burning in the Leader is eerie! You can see
            the shape of the building, but it is totally engulfed in flames. I guess
            the fire department was worried about the bridge so they stood there and
            watched it burn untill they got word that the bridge would support their
            fire vehicles. Thank God no one was inside!