Re: [FJGRailroad] Picture Uploaded

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
      At the time this happened ( I am looking up this info now???) I know it was
      in the late twenties or early thirties?? the Steam powered loaders as well
      as some of the well used equipment had reached the end of it's usefull life.
      The loaders that used steam were becoming obsolete like the engines and they
      were a dime a dozen! At this point most had been converted to diesel or
      scrapped altogether and the loader itself was most likely the only crane
      they could have used to salvage this wreck?? they also left a great little
      velocipeed and we found some of it still there! I have a shot of it taken
      in the 1970's when it was still in working condition! there is a lot of
      rail still in there as well