Re: [FJGRailroad] Electric Div. Carbarn Fire

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
      DAMN!!! DAMN!! we lost another one!!

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Dicarlo, Gino <gdicarlo@...>
      To: <FJGRailroad@egroups.com>
      Cc: <GDICARLO@...>
      Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2000 10:02 AM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Electric Div. Carbarn Fire

      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
        Iwas over there Wednesday afternoon and drove in hoping the gate was open
        and I could get inside to see if the trolley stop signs were still up in the
        rafters, The gate was closed so I turned around in the employment office
        parking lot and never noticed that the building was gone. Darn.

        PKL

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
          Maybe when those firebugs get out of jail, they can go and torch the
          Sacandaga and Broadalbin Depots!!! I saw a story about the arsons on Fox23
          news last night and a parent of one of the kids said "That's the kind of
          thing the little bastards do these days!" Only a parent could be proud, huh?

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
            I believe John Smatlak went in there (with appropriate permission) not too
            many years ago and got some things that were left over from the trolley era.
            Are you still on this list John, and could you tell us a little about what
            you found?

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
              Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Trolley Barn? Of course before
              the fire? The picture of it burning in the Leader is eerie! You can see
              the shape of the building, but it is totally engulfed in flames. I guess
              the fire department was worried about the bridge so they stood there and
              watched it burn untill they got word that the bridge would support their
              fire vehicles. Thank God no one was inside!