Thanks Aaron

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 1999
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Thanks Aaron
      Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 14:48:42 -0400
      From: Aaron Keller <mgaj@...>
      To: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>

      I took a look at some other slides I have of #20. Color slides are much

      sharper than prints and show a lot more detail.

      I have a shot of #20 in Fonda in 1977. It shows the general stack,
      which
      you describe, and I can in fact see some evidence of welding around the
      base
      of the stack, in the area of the "extension box." It does appear that
      the
      box was expanded.

      I'd still guess that the original stack rusted out and this was simply
      added
      later on to repair wear and tear. I have different photos of #21 with a

      good amount of rust around the stack area and I'd guess that water and
      soot
      tended to clog up around the stacks, causing them to rust.

      Back to #20... another photo, taken on July 22, 1976 in Honesdale, Pa.,
      shows #20 with fresh welding around the stack.

      I'd say that the stack was replaced around the spring of 1976. It
      definitely wasn't done before the DO purchase in January, 1974.