Re: [FJGRailroad] Picture Uploaded

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
      I can't believe that they didn't clean those derailments up? I also can't
      believe that they are still there after all thses years...

      Gino
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
        At the time this happened ( I am looking up this info now???) I know it was
        in the late twenties or early thirties?? the Steam powered loaders as well
        as some of the well used equipment had reached the end of it's usefull life.
        The loaders that used steam were becoming obsolete like the engines and they
        were a dime a dozen! At this point most had been converted to diesel or
        scrapped altogether and the loader itself was most likely the only crane
        they could have used to salvage this wreck?? they also left a great little
        velocipeed and we found some of it still there! I have a shot of it taken
        in the 1970's when it was still in working condition! there is a lot of
        rail still in there as well