Re: [FJGRailroad] Electric Div. Carbarn Fire

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
      Damn!

      I saw a story on the news about a leather mill burning down! I had no idea
      it was the old car barn!!! I've been meaning to take pictures of it and
      was going to do it next week! What a shame! Is it a total loss?

      Gino
    • Randy & Lorraine Decker
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
        DAMN!!! DAMN!! we lost another one!!

        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 3, 2000
          Iwas over there Wednesday afternoon and drove in hoping the gate was open
          and I could get inside to see if the trolley stop signs were still up in the
          rafters, The gate was closed so I turned around in the employment office
          parking lot and never noticed that the building was gone. Darn.

          PKL

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
            Maybe when those firebugs get out of jail, they can go and torch the
            Sacandaga and Broadalbin Depots!!! I saw a story about the arsons on Fox23
            news last night and a parent of one of the kids said "That's the kind of
            thing the little bastards do these days!" Only a parent could be proud, huh?

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
              I believe John Smatlak went in there (with appropriate permission) not too
              many years ago and got some things that were left over from the trolley era.
              Are you still on this list John, and could you tell us a little about what
              you found?

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 4, 2000
                Does anyone have any recent pictures of the Trolley Barn? Of course before
                the fire? The picture of it burning in the Leader is eerie! You can see
                the shape of the building, but it is totally engulfed in flames. I guess
                the fire department was worried about the bridge so they stood there and
                watched it burn untill they got word that the bridge would support their
                fire vehicles. Thank God no one was inside!