Re: [FJGRailroad] Picture Uploaded

  • psefton@crosslink.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 2, 2000
      when did it fall off the flatcar ?
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Randy & Lorraine Decker <rldecker@...>
      To: <FJGRailroad@egroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, August 02, 2000 5:50 PM
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Picture Uploaded

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
        I can't believe that they didn't clean those derailments up? I also can't
        believe that they are still there after all thses years...

        Gino
      • Randy & Lorraine Decker
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2000
          At the time this happened ( I am looking up this info now???) I know it was
          in the late twenties or early thirties?? the Steam powered loaders as well
          as some of the well used equipment had reached the end of it's usefull life.
          The loaders that used steam were becoming obsolete like the engines and they
          were a dime a dozen! At this point most had been converted to diesel or
          scrapped altogether and the loader itself was most likely the only crane
          they could have used to salvage this wreck?? they also left a great little
          velocipeed and we found some of it still there! I have a shot of it taken
          in the 1970's when it was still in working condition! there is a lot of
          rail still in there as well