340 Rebuilds

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 27, 2013
    We are at our condo in Glendale, CA for the winter and my model RR is back in Michigan, so I am finally going to have time to rebuild my two gas electric cars. These are  brass Suydam models about 40 years old. The only difference from the prototypes is that they do not have the extra freight door in the original passenger compartment. The original drives in these were poor spring tension arrangements that slipped. I want to see if I can rebuild the underframes from styrene and install NWSL Stanton self contained drives and also add a DCC sound system. I'll keep you posted of my progress. Meanwhile, a belated Merry Christmas to all and a happy and healthy New Year to all.

    Saul

    --
    Saul B. Kalbfeld
    Detroit Motion Picture & Stage Employees Local 38 IATSE

    Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2013

      Awesome Saul!!!

      On Dec 27, 2013 2:52 PM, "Saul Kalbfeld" <fjgbus@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Saul Kalbfeld included below]

[...]

    • etozorak
      Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2014

        Great work on those Saul!  I wish I had one!