Pickett Memorial Story in the LH

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 24, 2013
      In this story there is mention of tracks in the building at Prospect Hill Cemetery. Does this this mean there was a spur off the Fulton St. trolley line?

      In the very back section, now used for storage, the old railroad tracks peek up from the floor. This is where a railroad cart was transported to the property to bring giant slabs of granite that were ground and cut on site.

      --
      Saul B. Kalbfeld
      Detroit Motion Picture @ Stage Employees Local 38 IATSE

      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 24, 2013
        Saul,  I cannot recall any indication that commercial freight was ever carried on the trolley tracks in the streets of the city of Gloversville.  What maps and diagrams I have at my disposal do not show any trolley tracks running into or beside this building.   I will suppose that those railroad tracks referenced were not dissimilar of those found in the buildings of many industrial works, but not of the 4' 8 1/2" variety.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com