CSX Derailment

    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 27, 2013
    • Gordon Davis
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 28, 2013
        Perhaps this is a result of the wreck.  This morning there were two Amtrak trains nose-to-nose at the Syracuse station.
        Gordon
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 28, 2013

          Your address takes me to a rail-type site, not the Leader-Herald.
          Gordon D.
          Yes, an aerial photo in the Leader Herald online clearly shows that the WB was crossing from Track 1 to Track 2 at CP-188 when the EB failed to stop (for whatever reason is not known) and rammed into the WB right at the CP-188 crossovers. There was a secondary pile up back at Martin Rd just west of MP 189.

          John

          Gino; I talked to one of the guys that I work with on the state and was told that CSX bought the farm land between the track and the river so that they could push the wrecked cars there to clear the tracks.  Also, he said one of the trains ran a stop signal.  Charlie
          Didn't I just mention a few weeks ago about how nice it would be to have the West Shore open for detours in cases like this?  Who could we talk to about this?

          Gino
          No virus found in this message.

        • johnsesonske
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 28, 2013
            Thats weird. I just clicked the link below and it went to the Leader Herald. You should be able to go directly to the Gloversville Leader Herald website and get the article there.

[...]

          • Charlie Vosburgh
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 30, 2013
              Trains are moving!  Started around 3 PM Saturday.  Sorry for late report, I was helping in Fort Plain with the flood clean up.  Charlie