Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching

  • Charlie Vosburgh
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 16, 2013

      This is off subject but I believe there has been a washout on the CSX Mohawk division near Yost putting the Chicago line out of service.  They  have been hauling shot rock and riprap from Carver's quarry in Rockwood around the clock, starting Saturday afternoon.  Traffic is moving on the other line by track foreman direction.  The canal was drained in advance of the heavy rain that was forecast at Lock 14 and 15.  Charlie
      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 16, 2013
        There is some sort of washout or issue along TK 2 right on the east side of the Lock 13 dam structure. On Saturday TK 2 was closed from CP-184 on the east side of Fonda to CP-198 on the east side of Nelliston. TK 1 was fully in service under control of a local foreman and with a 20mph or 30mph restriction. All trains were getting backed up including Amtrak but trains were flowing.

        As you said, a lot of rip rap was coming in by truck and being dumped along the ROW by Lock 13.

        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 17, 2013

          What's the status of the Chicago Line today?

          Gino

            Message 5 of 13 , Jun 17, 2013
              They should reroute some of the traffic to the West Shore!  Maybe drag some stone from Cushing to Utica and then back up the Chicago Line.

              Oh, wait a minute.  That message was 45 years too late!

              Gino

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com From: akeller_1979@... Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:57:32 -0700 Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching
[...]

              http://fjgrr.org
              http://ginosrailpage.com
              http://ginostrolleypage.com
              http://ginosrailblog.blogspot.com/
            • Patrick lavallee
              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 17, 2013
                Good one Gino.
                Patrick Lavallee

                -----Original Message----- From: Paul Larner <pklarner@... <mailto:pklarner@...> > To: FJGRailroad <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com <mailto:fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Sat, Jun 15, 2013 11:23 pm Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com> From: akeller_1979@... <mailto:akeller_1979@...> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:57:32 -0700 Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching