Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching

  • Mark Wilber
    Message 1 of 13 , Jun 16, 2013
      Let me correct my last message. We had hand held radios on the FJG when I worked there from 1978 to 1983 +. On the NYSW,we had repeaters in the Cassville NY for the Utica side,mostly for communications between Utica and SherburneNY. Between Norwich and Binghamton would use the Chenango Forks repeater.There was another one in Jamesville that we would use between Jamesville and Homer. Between Cortland and Binghamton would also use the Chenango Forks repeater. There was an area between Sherburne and Norwich,and also in the Cortland area that was dark. When radio would fail,we also had track phones to use along the line.

      Message 2 of 13 , Jun 16, 2013

        This is off subject but I believe there has been a washout on the CSX Mohawk division near Yost putting the Chicago line out of service.  They  have been hauling shot rock and riprap from Carver's quarry in Rockwood around the clock, starting Saturday afternoon.  Traffic is moving on the other line by track foreman direction.  The canal was drained in advance of the heavy rain that was forecast at Lock 14 and 15.  Charlie

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com From: akeller_1979@... Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:57:32 -0700 Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching
[...]

        No virus found in this message.

      • johnsesonske
        Message 3 of 13 , Jun 16, 2013
          There is some sort of washout or issue along TK 2 right on the east side of the Lock 13 dam structure. On Saturday TK 2 was closed from CP-184 on the east side of Fonda to CP-198 on the east side of Nelliston. TK 1 was fully in service under control of a local foreman and with a 20mph or 30mph restriction. All trains were getting backed up including Amtrak but trains were flowing.

          As you said, a lot of rip rap was coming in by truck and being dumped along the ROW by Lock 13.

          Message 4 of 13 , Jun 17, 2013

            What's the status of the Chicago Line today?

            Gino

              Message 6 of 13 , Jun 17, 2013
                They should reroute some of the traffic to the West Shore!  Maybe drag some stone from Cushing to Utica and then back up the Chicago Line.

                Oh, wait a minute.  That message was 45 years too late!

                Gino

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com From: akeller_1979@... Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:57:32 -0700 Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching
[...]

                http://fjgrr.org
                http://ginosrailpage.com
                http://ginostrolleypage.com
                http://ginosrailblog.blogspot.com/
              • Patrick lavallee
                Message 7 of 13 , Jun 17, 2013
                  Good one Gino.
                  Patrick Lavallee

                  -----Original Message----- From: Paul Larner <pklarner@... <mailto:pklarner@...> > To: FJGRailroad <fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com <mailto:fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com> > Sent: Sat, Jun 15, 2013 11:23 pm Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching

                  To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com <mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com> From: akeller_1979@... <mailto:akeller_1979@...> Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2013 12:57:32 -0700 Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Dispatching