RE: [FJGRailroad] #30 at Cargill, Denver, CO 1969

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 10, 2012
      Further regards the BJ Ry No. 44, based on the serial number and appearance this may be a former US Army 65 tonner, built 1943.

      I checked a Great Western roster: their No. 40 is ex D&RGW, the No. 44 serial number 146012 is not kosher for an "as built" GE locomotive of this type.  Perhaps a rebuilt number???

      FJ&G sold the locomotive to Whisler Equipment Company, shipping it to Swissvale, Pa. on May 29, 1967.  Whisler had the locomotive sold to Cargill at least as early as April 14, 1967.  FJ&G sent their spare parts directly to Cargill.

      From the photo we know the loco. went to Denver and I thought I was told it later went to Loveland or Longmont for a spell.

      PKL

      To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: pklarner@...
      Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:25:23 -0400
      Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] #30 at Cargill, Denver, CO 1969

      Gordon,  Hard to tell.  The Burlington Junction Ry No. 44 has been said to be the FJ&G 30  (nee WOD 47) however the serial numbers do not match.  FJ&G No. 30 was serial number 15051; the BJ, according to one on line source is 17864, ex USAX.  So some more digging is needed to verify where the 30 went after it left Colorado.  PAul Charland and Aaron Keler have done some searching on this critter.  Need to confirm via serial numbers.  I'll post if I can find anything more concrete, short of a road trip to Illinois or Iowa.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: gdavis4@...
      Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 09:05:45 -0400