Re: Caboose #1

    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 19, 2012
      Group,

      Some time ago I posted images of the No. 1 Caboose in the Files section:

      The photos were from the collection of Walt Danylak.  They were undated, but appeared to be from the mid-1980s based on the printing paper and etc.  I suspect the negatives may have been from that time, but they could have been from earlier as well.

      I emailed the current Rail City people two years ago to inquire.  In a response from Bob Groman on March 2nd, 2010, I was told that the caboose was sold in 1993; however, Groman did not know where it went.  So, it went somewhere; the question is where.

      The CNY NRHS does not appear to have it, unless it's not listed on the Chapter's Web site.

      I used to know a few Chapter people quite well back in the day; however, it's been many years.

      The last I heard, FJ&G No. 3 was alleged to still be in the Honesdale area.

      -Aaron
    • A. Fusco
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 19, 2012
        Dear Group: It is entirely possible that I did confuse #1 for #2,
        although I do know the differences between the two, having modeled
        both. Also my memory could have failed me; alas, it wasn't even
        until the auction got covered in the Post-Standard that I first
        realized that the bobber I had seen years early was even ex-FJ&G. So
        I took no pictures, which would have resolved this and avoided me
        having to rely on memory at all.

        The Post Standard article did say that the buyer was a collector in
        Connecticut, not Vt. ---Andy