Name that rail-item

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 17, 2012
      Hi guys,

      Someone asked me to identify a piece of railroad equipment and I've
      never seen anything like it. This person told me that it was a device
      to switch street running track. The only switch I've seen to do this
      was underground and accessed under a cover in the street. Anyhow,
      there may be a few questions to ponder her, but if you guys could look
      at it I'd appreciate it. I've posted photos of the gizmo on my
      rail-blog. You can add your two-cents in the comment boxes under the
      photos or just reply to this email.

      Thanks in advance...

      http://ginosrailblog.blogspot.com/

      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://ginostrolleypage.com
    • Gordon Davis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 18, 2012
        It obviously creates a lateral motion, however from the travel transmitted it might place it in a mine tram location, read narrow-gauge.  The casting letters I believe indicates manufacturer.
        My two-cent's worth.
        Gordon

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 19, 2012
          Gino,

          It might take forever, but try doing a patent search with the PTO for switching mechanisms.

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 19, 2012
            What is the PTO?

            On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 9:56 AM, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@...> wrote:

            Gino,

            It might take forever, but try doing a patent search with the PTO for switching mechanisms.

          • akeller_1979
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 22, 2012
              Patent and Trademark Office.

              -Aaron