Re: [FJGRailroad] The CNYK may roll again....sort of

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2012
      I'm not sure what Gauge the engine is (smaller than 3 foot), but it is
      pretty light. Nothing like what I read in the history of the Utica,
      Chenango and Susquehanna Valley line (Pre-DLW, EL, CNYK) where it was
      6' gauge at one time.

      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://ginostrolleypage.com
      http://web.me.com/gino.dicarlo/ginosmusicservice/
    • Gordon Davis
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2012
        Yes, to 6 ft. gauge to interchange with the Erie, also broad-gauge at that time.  However, narrowing came early.  I've supplied some early photos of the Springs branch for publication and there is now a Utica side history in preparation.  Early in the Springs' branch history there were plans to extend the line down the west side of Canadarago lake, it came to naught as did the line from Fort Plain to Cooperstown.  The later was graded and can be followed from Springfield Center north.
        I believe the Frontier loco was built by Wyano who supplied a number of tourist attractions with motive power.
        Gordon