Fwd: [HudsonRiverRailLines] It is with regret...

  • Dean Splittgerber
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "Jerry Albertie" <jerry.albertie@...>
      Date: Mar 7, 2012 7:42 AM
      Subject: [HudsonRiverRailLines] It is with regret...
      To: <orangecountyrails@yahoogroups.com>, <CSXRiverline@yahoogroups.com>, "HudsonRiverRailLines" <HudsonRiverRailLines@yahoogroups.com>, <dandh@yahoogroups.com>

      We've lost one of our own, may he rest in peace.

      JOSEPH A. KLAPKOWSKI, JR.

      March 2, 1960 - March 3, 2012

      Highland Falls, NY

      Joseph A. Klapkowski, Jr., a resident of the area for 13 years, passed
      away Saturday, March 3, 2012 at St. Luke's Cornwall Hospital, Newburgh,
      NY, at the age of 52. Son of Barbara Glocksen Klapkowski and the late
      Joseph A. Klapkowski, Sr., he was born in Queens, NY on March 2, 1960.

      Joseph was a financial analyst with Valley National Bank, New York, NY.
      He was an Eagle Scout with the Boy Scouts of America, a former Cub Scout
      Pack Leader, Highland Falls, NY, a volunteer with the Catskill Mountain
      Railroad Co., Inc., Kingston, NY, member of Fraternal Order of the
      Eagles, Ossining, NY and a parishioner of Sacred Heart Church, Highland
      Falls. Joe was an avid railroad collector who had numerous articles and
      photographs published in railroad magazines over the years.

      Survivors include his wife, Mary Elizabeth Bruda Klapkowski; his sons,
      Joseph and Christopher; and daughters, Devon and Kathryn, all of
      Highland Falls, NY. Also surviving are his mother, Barbara Klapkowski of
      Ossining, NY; his brothers, Richard Klapkowski of Peekskill, NY and John
      Klapkowski of Ossining, NY; nieces and nephews.

      Visitation will be held from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, March 8
      at William F. Hogan Funeral Home, 135 Main St., Highland Falls. A
      Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. on Friday, March 9 at Sacred Heart
      Church, 353 Main Street, Highland Falls. Interment will follow in Eagle
      Valley Cemetery, Town of Highlands.

      Memorial donations may be made to a scholarship fund for the children's
      education or the American Heart Association, PO Box 3049, Syracuse, NY
      13220.

      Funeral arrangements are by William F. Hogan Funeral Home, 845-446-2868,
      www.wfhoganfuneralhome.com

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
        Requiescat in pace; Amen

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: deano12056@...
        Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 07:54:52 -0500
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Fwd: [HudsonRiverRailLines] It is with regret...

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 7, 2012
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, Dean Splittgerber <deano12056@...> wrote:

          > We've lost one of our own, may he rest in peace.
          >
          > JOSEPH A. KLAPKOWSKI, JR.
          >
          > March 2, 1960 - March 3, 2012

          This is truly sad. My prayers go out to Joe's family and friends.

          Glenn
          Penacook, NH