Re: Old Irons

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 22, 1999
      >Actually, CN and CP, and I'm sure many others converted coal to oil
      (bunker-C)
      >during the forties because it was more cost efficient.

      Hadn't heard of that; thanks for telling me.

      -Aaron
    • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
        > From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
        >
        > Actually, CN and CP, and I'm sure many others converted coal to oil (bunker-C)
        > during the forties because it was more cost efficient.
        >
        > Paul

        That's what I meant, not diesel!

        Gino
      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
          I can check out my stuff Peter, but I think most of their steamers
          were scrapped. I'll have to look at home many were sold. Those
          I couldn't tell you what happened to them. I'm sure Aaron has some
          info on this...

          Gino

        • psefton@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
              As far as I can tell, all the FJ&G steam locomotives are scrapped. Parts
              from the S2s were re-used on some NYS&W equipment. The 44-ton #30 is still
              in operation on the Burlington Junction Railway in Burlington, Iowa. The
              gas car, 340, was eventually sold to some sort of museum in Manitoba but I
              can't find any record of it still existing. That's about all I can mention;
              of course leaving out other equipment that we've already discussed on-list.