Book signing and presentation

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 29, 2012
      I've been awful in letting people know when I am out and about talking
      about trolleys. I just got a fresh
      batch of books and will be doing a signing and powerpoint in Colonie
      next week.If you've got nothing to
      do on next Sunday and you'd like to hear me ramble about the
      Schenectady Railway and United Traction
      Company then head on out. The Colonie Library is located right off of
      the Northway near The Times
      Union Newspaper. Of course the exit escapes me right now, but it's
      the same exit for Wolf Road and
      the Albany International Airport.

      Here's the press release...

      FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

      TROLLEYS OF THE CAPITAL DISTRICT

      The Historical Society of the Town of Colonie cordially invites you to
      a special presentation by Gino DiCarlo, Trolleys of the Capital
      District. The talk will take place on Sunday, March 11th at 2:00pm in
      the Town of Colonie Library at 629 Albany Shaker Road, Loudonville.

      From their humble beginnings as horse roads forming belts around
      Albany, Schenectady and Troy these trolley lines helped move people
      around Upstate New York from the late 1800’s until their final exit
      after WWII. Three companies provided hundreds of miles of track as
      well as direct routes to resorts in the Adirondacks, Lake George and
      Saratoga Springs. The trolley lines became famous for disasters that
      made national headlines, labor disputes, and engineering wonders that
      included the longest trolley bridge in the world.

      Gino DiCarlo is the author of Trolleys of the Capital District, a
      historical perspective on the rail systems that once canvassed the
      Capital District.

      For more information contact Kevin Franklin, Colonie Town Historian at
      (518) 782-2601.

      The purpose of the Historical Society of the Town of Colonie is to
      stimulate an appreciation of the historical heritage of the Town of
      Colonie.

      --
      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com