FJG 100

  • oleroadslug
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 8, 2012
      Seasons Greetings All-

      Two pics to share with you tonite:

      http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/WC6634/FJGDOSRS3100FondaNYAug281982RogerDuffee.jpg

      Fonda, NY Aug 28, 1982 Roger Duffee, photo

      Though I was too small, or family didn't get down to Fonda-Gloversville much (least the yards ); I often wonder where this unit fit into the picture.

      I remember Decca Records on 30A, the ex PC green cars, a caboose, and maybe a glimpse of the 20/21... but that's pushing it.

      From NJ, we had all we needed from the Grand Onion and Allen and Palmer Hardware in Northville. We had no real reason to stray off of 30/30a. Such a shame. We purchased on Sacandaga in 1968 and kept it for 30 years. I was about 10 when we bought this decrepid farmhouse. Which proved to be the best thing my parents ever did. Other than sending my brother and sister 500 miles away to school.

      Now the important picture. Aaron MIGHT understand. In stores today...

      http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll150/WC6634/GBpastries.jpg

      BTW, we can get Genny Cream Out here in selected stores. Woe is us.

      :-)

      Take care all-

      Bob Schoneman
      Appleton, WI
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 9, 2012
        Oh, gosh, Bob, yes, I remember those Festival Foods cupcakes.  They had a particular flavor.  I wonder if Festival Foods has a copyright/trademark licensing agreement to sell that logo.