FJ&G Jewelry?

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2011
      Of all the things I never thought I'd see . . .
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/230687252171

      I assume some train buff must have made these years ago.

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2011
        I can't say I didn't think of that!  Pretty nice!

        Gino

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2011
          Some while back I acquired a similar set with a proper box except the tie tac has no chain.  This is the second set I've seen made from the Amsterdam tokens; either similar and independent ideas or someone once marketed these.

          Nice jewelry for the FJ&G fan and the price is right.   Perhaps these are from the bushel bags of these tokens that the DO inherited when they took over the FJ&G.  They were recovered from one of the vaults in the GOB after the building burned in 1969.  Were stored in a side room of the old freight house office, along with much of the rest that came out of the vaults.

          PKL

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com