Re: Old Irons

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 22, 1999
      Actually, CN and CP, and I'm sure many others converted coal to oil (bunker-C)
      during the forties because it was more cost efficient.

      Paul

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 22, 1999
        >Actually, CN and CP, and I'm sure many others converted coal to oil
        (bunker-C)
        >during the forties because it was more cost efficient.

        Hadn't heard of that; thanks for telling me.

        -Aaron
      • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
          > From: Paul Charland <p.charlie@...>
          >
          > Actually, CN and CP, and I'm sure many others converted coal to oil (bunker-C)
          > during the forties because it was more cost efficient.
          >
          > Paul

          That's what I meant, not diesel!

          Gino
        • Gino And Kelly DiCarlo
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
            I can check out my stuff Peter, but I think most of their steamers
            were scrapped. I'll have to look at home many were sold. Those
            I couldn't tell you what happened to them. I'm sure Aaron has some
            info on this...

            Gino

          • psefton@xxxxxxxxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 23, 1999
                As far as I can tell, all the FJ&G steam locomotives are scrapped. Parts
                from the S2s were re-used on some NYS&W equipment. The 44-ton #30 is still
                in operation on the Burlington Junction Railway in Burlington, Iowa. The
                gas car, 340, was eventually sold to some sort of museum in Manitoba but I
                can't find any record of it still existing. That's about all I can mention;
                of course leaving out other equipment that we've already discussed on-list.