RE: [FJGRailroad] October 8 get together

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2011
      Here it is Joe. The time for the presentation of the photo collection is 1:00.  Programs will flex around the college president's schedule.

      PKL

      Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 12:22 AM
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] 2011 Get Together

      Hello All,

      This year's assembly of the faithful and the curious will be held on October 8. Center piece for this year is the Eber Davis photo collection which will be presented to the Evans Library, Dorn History Room collection as part of our afternoon meeting.

      The schedule as always is loose with the exception of our time at FMCC. A morning breakfast will open the day at 8:30 AM at Travers Diner, located on the Arterial highway, Rte 30A where Kingsboro Avenue meets the arterial. Take a right at the light if coming from Johnstown and the diner is in sight, as I recall. A google earth search would be a good idea to pin point the location. Nothing formal planned; conversation, Q&A, coffee and whatever then we will take a look around the community, possibly a few then and now photo opportunities in Gloversville and Johnstown. A walk about in the Hill St. area and a pass through the former industrial park are available. Between Hill street and South Main, Beaver street there's a bit of history for exploration.

      I am hoping a special guest can join us for breakfast, but this is dependent on several factors. If this happens we may not get out.

      Between 11:00 and 12:00 we will reconvene at the Evans Library at FMCC on the Fort Johnson Road, East State Street in Johnstown continues to Ft. Johnson and passes the FMCC campus. Again it would be best to do a map search if you are not sure where it is. Some time will be required for setting up at FMCC.

      Three programs are scheduled for the afternoon. I will do a perspective on Eber's work from the late forties up to the transfer of the company to DO. One side or the other of this, the collection will be presented. Jerry will do the electric lines of the Amsterdam division; and Gino will present the DO years on the FJ&G.

      It looks like a full slate. We must exit FMCC by 4:00 when we can proceed to see whatever else we wish to visit or revisit, perhaps the images from the presentations will stimulate a desire to explore a particular location not yet seen.

      Dinner is as usual at the RailYard restaurant located in Gloversville on the south side of West Fulton Street adjacent to the location of the former FJ&G freight yard. If you are able to join us for dinner please let Jerry Snyder know via this list.

      Please let me know your intention to attend so I may prepare name tags for yourself and guests.

      Any questions re 10/8?

      PKL

      To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: riverlinejoe@...
      Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:14:15 +0000
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] October 8 get together

      I have not been paying attention. What is the agenda for October 8th?

    • Malcolm Horton
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2011
        Hello Paul,

        Kay Stevens and I will be attending the Evans Library Program room program. Sorry that we cannot attend the dinner at the Railyard Restaurant.

        Mal Horton

        From: riverlinejoe@...
        Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:14:15 +0000

        I have not been paying attention. What is the agenda for October 8th?

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
          I will attend and go to the railyard for dinner. I will also bring something unique that everyone can touch and hold.

          To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: pklarner@...
          Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:35:34 -0400

          From: riverlinejoe@...
          Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:14:15 +0000

          I have not been paying attention. What is the agenda for October 8th?

          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 27, 2011
            Great.

            PKL

            To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: riverlinejoe@...
            Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 01:41:21 +0000

            I will attend and go to the railyard for dinner. I will also bring something unique that everyone can touch and hold.

            To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: pklarner@...
            Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 23:35:34 -0400

            From: riverlinejoe@...
            Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 01:14:15 +0000

            I have not been paying attention. What is the agenda for October 8th?