ALCO S2 Model

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2011
      The S2 in my last posting photo is actually an Alco Models S1 that is about 35 years old. It is custom decorated but the letter style is not totally accurate. When I was in Sacramento at the NMRA convention I talked to a rep from NWSL (Northwest Short Line) about repowering the unit since the original KMT drive gears are cracked. I also have another for #20 with the same problem. Repowering would involve an NWSL Stanton drive and a DCC and sound system. About $200 for each when all is said and done, so for now the project is on the back burner.
      Regards, and sorry I can't get to the get together this year. This is the first time in a few years I won't make it back to the old sod.
      Saul

      --
      Saul B. Kalbfeld
      Detroit Motion Picture Studio Mechanics Local 812 IATSE