How many D&H roadswitchers...

  • akeller_1979
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 15, 2011
      I have in my possession an incredibly curious item. I have an image of Milford taken in the Spring of '73. In the view are what appear to be two RS-2 or RS-3 roadswitchers on CACV property. This was well into DO ownership. One is in D&H lightning stripe livery and has its stack capped and its engine compartment doors open. The other is in the enginehouse and I ascertain it through the shadows to be CACV 100 (formerly D&H 4022).

      Does anybody know if the "second unit" (I can't read the D&H number) became CNYK 101?

      It most certainly is not LASB No. 102, a former Reading unit, nor is it FJ&G No. 103, another former Reading unit. It also is probably not No. 104, which wouldn't arrive on the property until after the Adirondack Railway Corp. shut down and sold the unit after 1980.

      I'm betting that the unit is ex-D&H 4088, then CNYK 101, then NYS&W 101, immediately after it arrived on the property.

      Does anyone concur?

      -Aaron
    • Mark Wilber

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 15, 2011