RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Group Get Together for Oct. 8, 2011

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 9, 2011
      No, actually I was thinking about the 100 or so feet of track that was once the electric shop in Gloversville. Not a long ride, but hey, its the FJ&G Electric Division!

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 22:18:37 -0400
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Group Get Together for Oct. 8, 2011

      Joe,

      Do you mean the little strip behind the boxcar and what is an A-4-D?

      On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 8:45 PM, joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

      Sign me up......say, do you suppose we could get the City of Gloversville to let us ride on the remaining FJ&G trackage? We could use my A-4-D..............

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: pklarner@...
      Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 15:55:25 +0000

      9

      All,

      Please set the date October 8 aside for a trip to the Glove Cities if you are interested in participating in this year's event. As always it will bring fresh information and new insight into the history of our railroad.

      The opening presentation of the day is dependent on our ability to meet at a particular location which until now has not been confirmed for availability. Particulars of the program will follow.

      As usual we meet between 9 and 10 am prior to the opening presentation at 10 am. Offers for more presentations on the history of the FJ&G are solicited, eg. modeling, in color image presentations, histories of specific facets of the FJ&G business, etc. Please, come and share with us your particular memories, fascination and knowledge relative to the FJ&G. Contact me on or off list with what you have to share.

      It is intended that anyone interested from the public may attend and participate. A press release will be made.

      Following presentations, Q&A, show and tell, swapping and banter the usual field trip will complete the afternoon. Dinner at the Railyard will close the event.

      Please advise the list of your intention to attend and Jerry Snyder that how many will be participating in our evening dinner.

      What did I forget to mention?

      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://ginostrolleypage.com
      http://ginosmusicservice.com

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 9, 2011
        There's still track over there?

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 9, 2011
          Well I have not been up since April but the last time I was there, yes.....

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: fjgrailroad@...
          Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 23:12:25 -0400

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com