Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Conrail Fonda Local

    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 19, 2011
      No, he passed away!

      On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Mark Wilber <mwilber2001@...> wrote:

      Thats it! Harry Dumar.  Is he still alive?  If so,he has to be 90 years old.

      From: mwilber2001@...
      Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 05:59:39 -0700

      We didnt talk  to the Conrail dispatcher for permission.We talked with our dispatcher if there were any questions.Mostly during the day we would stop in front of the Fonda office and talk with the Yardmaster for permission.At night or during the day if the yardmaster wasnt around,we were on our own (couldnt do that now days).There was a wooden box attached to the office that would have our waybills or instructions for our pickup or our drop off.Our interchanges were mostly done on the west end of the yard.