PC-CR Local Question

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
      I remember back in the 70's and early 80's PC and then CR kept a local engine and transfer cabin in Amsterdam Yard. It was an SW1 until CR changed to various GP's. This local would often work Fonda with the FJG interchange. There was also a brief period coincident with the large spike in FJG traffic in approx 1981-1982 when the local would park in Fonda by Agway. It was a GP15 at that point.

      I found a website with a bunch of CR schedule guides (and amazing track charts and ETT's).

      http://www.multimodalways.org/archives/rrs/CR/CR%20Track%20Charts/CR%20Track%20Charts.html

      I found the Fonda local listed only in the 2-1-1982 guide as WVFO-1. But not a single guide ever lists the Amsterdam Local. Anyone have a clue why. I am wondering if the Amsterdam crew was based out of West Albany or South Schenectady and they used one of those symbols for the Amsterdam job. Seems odd this long time local is never listed but the brief Fonda one was.

      John
    • Christopher Parker

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 14, 2011
          I will have to look for the slide, but there was an SW-1 that had a really nifty NYC System logo coming through on the cab side.

          In retrospect, I wish I could have saved that unit.

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2011
            Thanks Chris. Good point. Conrail designated yard jobs with the "Y" prefix and those jobs are not listed. Amsterdam job must have been a yard job.

            John