Re: [FJGRailroad] Postcard

  • Randy & Lorraine Decker
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 6 4:35 PM
      I am looking for some photo's I have of the big cars in Amsterdam and it
      seems they are on part of Market street they just did not go up the hill
      right??

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 6 5:08 PM
        Right. I can't recall without digging, if they came in on Division or Main
        St. But one direction or the other all the Schenectady cars ran on Market
        Street.

        Pkl

        >From: "Randy & Lorraine Decker" <rldecker@...>
        >To: <FJGRailroad@egroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Postcard
        >Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 19:35:15 -0400
        >
        >I am looking for some photo's I have of the big cars in Amsterdam and it
        >seems they are on part of Market street they just did not go up the hill
        >right??

      • DICARLO, GINO
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 9 4:15 PM
          Paul,

          The postcard looks to me like it's going up the hill! There must just
          be a one block section where the limiteds went up Market for a short
          distance?

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 9 9:18 PM
            The only area on Market Street where they operated in their normal route was
            between Main and Division, just one long block. I can't imagine them ever
            daring to run one of those cars up and then obviously down the hill, however
            never say never or it will surely turn up. It is always possible they took
            one of the cars a block further north from Division St. for the purpose of
            getting it out of the way or holding for schedule.

            PKL