Re: More color

  • John
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 8:33 PM
      I compared that plow paint to that on FJG 202 and that plow in your shot is an ex Conrail. Differences are as follows

      1..That red stripe on back was on CR plows but not the FJG

      2..Black trim along top not on FJG plow

      3..FJG 202 had a full black cupola

      4..Windows are more modern then on 202

      5..Paints a darker yellow then 202 would be at this point. FJG used cheap paints

      I don't think the plow in that shot is scorched. I think its just rust. After the initial paintings at the start of Conrail I don't think they ever painted a plow. They get pretty rusty, not sure why. Did you see those B&M Russells Pan Am used out of East Deerfield this winter. The one was mostly rust and that is not much of an exageration. They had to spray paint reporting marks. To Pan Am's credit, they have repainted a bunch of MEC Russell plows.

      The 202 must have been scraped. It was pretty rough.

      John

      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 9 6:34 PM
        I thought the 202 was in Utica...

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com