slide and negative scanner

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 22, 2011
      I need to buy a slide and negative scanner. Can I buy a device that does both? How much and who do I buy it from? Which model is best?

      You guys have always had good advice. Please send me your comments........
    • Glenn J. Williams
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 23, 2011
        --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, joseph Klapkowski <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

        > I need to buy a slide and negative scanner. Can I buy a device that does both? How much and who do I buy it from? Which model is best?
        >
        > You guys have always had good advice. Please send me your comments........

        Joe,

        That's like asking someone what car to buy. . . [wicked grin]

        How much do you want to spend? The better scanners cost much, much more.

        What size slides and negatives will you be scanning? This is a prime determinant. For example, I have lots of 4x5 and 2 1/4x3 1/4 negatives. That right there narrowed the field down for me.

        For the record, I have an HP Scanjet 8300, which is no longer made. It comes with bundled software, most of it PC-centric. Great results.

        If you're serious about good results, you will need to invest in Adobe's Photoshop Elements or similar post-processing software.

        Paul Larner has gone through all this, too, so he will have some additional insights.

        Glenn
        Penacook, NH