Scrap Yard Fire

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2011
      One of my favorite railroad-buildings is a total loss and will be demolished.  If anyone know the former shops of the Rennselaer And Saratoga Railroad (Pre-Cursor To The D&H) in Green Island, it had a massive fire on Thursday and is going to be flattened!  The paper said it was built in 1871, but I swear it was older.  Even so, it's been around for a while.  Not any more!

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2011
        The HABS data on file with the LOC says 1872.  Maybe it was started in 1871?  It's been a few years since I've read through the entire file.

        http://loc.gov/pictures/item/ny0033/