Re: [FJGRailroad] KAMX Tankcars

  • Jerry Snyder
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 28, 2011
      Paul,
      I never said I could type...  That should be 1920, not 1924.  They purchased the 10 cars new; I was told that the 3 dome car was used, however.  I'll check the later revisions of the maps and see if there is any additional trackage visible.  I know at some point they added the spurs down along the creek to the powerhouse as indicated on the aerial map I provided previously.  Also, at some point the K&M tracks along Church Street extended farther down the hill - there were two concrete bumpers just past the shipping scale house but up at Church Street level, and the other line along the scalehouse.  I'll see if I can determine when the silos went in from the map revisions - and the silos are wooden, not concrete, just like old barn silos with the metal hoops and turnbuckles.
      Jerry

      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 1, 2011
        Hi Jerry,

        Thanks for the help/ Wooden silos, missed that... guess I have to
        change texture on them, I have them as concrete now.

        Paul :-)