Boxcar 126319

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2011
      Now here's something I haven't seen before.  The folks at the NYS&W apparently split open one of the old FJ&G cars and converted it into a loading platform.

      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1897423
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1079730
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1388182
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1898334
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1898333
      http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/showPicture.aspx?id=1898332

      Note that some of the pictures erroneously list the number of the car as being in the 128 series.

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2011
        I have never seen a skyblue DO boxcar with FJG marks painted in the style of the ex/PC cars...

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
          Gino,

          I think the paint is just very faded on that side of the car, making the old PC number visible.

          -Aaron

        • Mark Wilber
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
            I remember when they painted that car,but just cant remember why the faded blue. I knew one time,the paint was contaminated by being frozen at one point.

            I think the paint is just very faded on that side of the car, making the old PC number visible.