Re: Amsterdam Enginehouse

  • John
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2011
      In the 70's Penn Central kept their SW1 and transfer caboose on the siding behind Quandts just east of that crossing. Conrail did also until they pulled the engine from Amsterdam. I assume NYC kept their diesel there also. I want to say their was a small fuel tank there but I can't remember for sure.

      I don't think South Schenectady was that big a deal until the 80's. Looking at old Conrail schedules from the 70's show only West Albany based locals. For Amsterdam switchers I think Sand Bank and West Albany would have been service points in the early 1900's transferring to Selkirk at some point.

      John