Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Amsterdam Enginehouse? FOUND IT

  • Jerry Snyder
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2011
      Paul,
      Boy, that picture looks familiar!  I never even though to look at those arial shots after I found the engine house on the map!

      Aaron,
      Unfortunately, most of the maps I have cut off at the city limit on the east end so there may have been some facilities farther to the east that don't show up.  And the Google satellite maps don't go back quite far enough....  Quist Lumber shows up just east of the city line on a 1942 map, between the NYCRR and the "Abandoned Trolley Right-of-Way", and there is a siding running into their property between the lumber sheds that comes off the west end of the yard.  The area between their property and the river is identified as NYCRR and "Full of Tracks".  The yard itself isn't on my maps.
      Jerry
      Jerry
      Jerry