New York Short Lines In Color

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2011
      Obtained a copy of Gary Carlson's new book "New York Shortlines in Color, Vol. 1" today and must say it gives a good bit of coverage to the FJ&G, 13 pages, 31 color photographs with a couple illustrations. There is a brief FJ&G history. The time frame of the images being 1950 to 1980. One really nice photo of No. 340 at the Gloversville depot, is however early forties but so what. It is the best color photo I have seen of this car in its original paint; a worthy exception.

      While the FJ&G material is the teaser for me, the rest of the book, 128 pages, covers 15 other short lines from around the state (APDist,A&A, B&H,BEDT,BCk,BTer,D&MtM,D&N,G&W,GRiv,G&J,HarTran,JW&NW,JStConn,LC&M). Something special for many and a lot for all.