RE: [FJGRailroad] RE:

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 22, 2010
      Another interesting story in the history of rural communities.  The GLF, formed in 1920, is itself an amalgamation of earlier associations, merged with another Ag. association to become Agway in 1964.  Funny how the meaning of those initials sticks with me when other things get lost.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: lpitblad@...
      Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:42:54 -0800
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] RE:

      Very good, Paul! My friend used to drive for them but he said it meant "Good Looking Fellows"

      From: lpitblad@...
      Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 13:06:17 -0800
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] RE:

      A little bit of trivia, does anyone know what GLF stands for? A gold plated FJ&G spike for the first one who knows, OK a gold painted FJ&G spike.
      Larry