Re: RE: [FJGRailroad] 20 and 21 in Little Ferry

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 16, 2010

      This photo was taken years after Honesdale.  They were both facing north in 1981 when they left the property.

      On Sep 16, 2010 1:34 PM, "joseph Klapkowski" <riverlinejoe@...> wrote:

      It isn't important, but I kinda wonder how that happened. Did the 20 get turned around when it went to Honesdale?

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:56:47 -0400
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] 20 and 21 in Little Ferry

      Hi guys,

      I am in the process of scanning my slide collection and came across this slide of 20 ...

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 17, 2010
        Okay. So how did one engine get turned around on the trip from Fonda to Little Ferry?

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: fjgrailroad@...
        Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 15:28:35 -0400
        Subject: Re: RE: [FJGRailroad] 20 and 21 in Little Ferry

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: fjgrailroad@...
        Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 00:56:47 -0400

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 18, 2010
          Hi All,

          I think the engine got turned on the trip to the LASB at some point and
          just never got turned again on the trip back. Was there a wye in Utica
          maybe?

          Paul :-)

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 18, 2010
            I don't have my notes with me, but I believe the 20 went to Honesdale and then back to Gloversville before permanently leaving the FJ&G.  It was also on the CNYK for a while but, again, I think it then came back to Gloversville.

            I would suspect rather that one of the engines was turned at Little Ferry.  There are photos somewhere of one of the FJ&G switchers on or near the turntable or roundhouse in Little Ferry.  Also note that the front end of one of the FJ&G engines (radiator and pilot) were removed and placed on NYS&W #206 (or so I've been told).  Perhaps that would form a rationale for the turning — the engine had to point a certain way in the roundhouse so that the parts could be stripped.

            I think the parts came off #21; the question is when and how often.  There is a chance it or both of the FJ&G engines were pillaged for parts more than once.

            Or perhaps it was turned on the CNYK after leaving Gloversville permanently.  It theoretically could have been turned at Richfield Jct. on the wye.  I don't have the photos in front of me to suggest when it was there and when it wasn't.

            -Aaron

          • Joshua K. Blay
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 19, 2010

              There’s a wye on the Utica branch at Richfield Springs Junction.

              Joshua

              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 19, 2010

                The S2s were facing North when they left the FJG.  They also were scrapped both facing the same direction.  They were turned in between Fonda and Little Ferry.

                On Sep 19, 2010 6:57 AM, "Joshua K. Blay" <mail@...> wrote:

                There’s a wye on the Utica branch at Richfield Springs Junction.

                Joshua

              • Mark Wilber
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 19, 2010
                  There's a turn table in Little Ferry.